There are several new cars that you can buy in India this year. Many of the best new cars from leading automobile companies are slated to launch this year. You can always take a dekko at new cars and prices as per your desired budget. You should also check the expected new car prices and zero in on the right model for your needs and within your budget.
Here are the top 10 new cars that will create a splash in the Indian market in 2018-
- 2018 Maruti Swift– Maruti Suzuki launched the 2018 Swift with great fanfare at the 2018 Auto Expo and the car has become immensely popular, notching up more than 60, 000 bookings in only a few days! The 2018 Swift gets a refreshing and more contemporary design and retains its previous petrol and diesel engines. However, there is now a 5-speed AMT option for the car now along with a new HEARTECT platform. There are new and improved safety features along with a touch screen infotainment system and other goodies for the top-end variants. Prices start from Rs. 4.99 lakhs for the 2018 Swift.
- New Honda Amaze– The new Honda Amaze has been shown at the 2018 Auto Expo and is one of the most eagerly awaited launches this year. Slated to arrive this June, the Amaze could be attractively priced and the design has been completely overhauled and is more in sync with the new Honda City model. There will also be plusher interiors for the 2018 Amaze
- Mahindra e-KUV100– The electric version of the Mahindra KUV100 is slated to be a big draw and is expected to launch this year. Prices could hover around Rs. 8-9 lakhs as per reports. This has already been shown at the 2018 Auto Expo and should be a major hit for the carmaker in EV territory.
- Mahindra badged SsangYong Rexton– Mahindra & Mahindra has already shown its upcoming flagship premium SUV which is the brand new 2018 G4 Rexton at the Auto Expo. This will be sold under the Mahindra brand name and should launch later this year. The prices should undercut premium SUVs like the Fortuner and Endeavour by sizable margins and the new SUV comes packed with features.
- New Renault Duster– The new Renault Duster is expected to launch this March and has already been shown at the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show. The new Duster will have several design and feature updates although the current engines are expected to continue. This could be priced anywhere between Rs. 8.5-14 lakhs as per estimates.
- Tata H5X– Tata Motors has already displayed its revolutionary H5X SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo and this will be a premium SUV offering positioned above the Hexa as per reports. This flaunts an evolutionary design and will come with several new features and attractions. The launch could take place anytime by December 2018 according to reports.
- Datsun Cross– This is expected by the end of the year and prices could range between Rs. 4.5-.6.5 lakhs. The Datsun Cross will tap into the growing demand for compact SUVs and crossovers and flaunts an enticing design.
- Facelifted Maruti Suzuki Ciaz– The facelifted Maruti Suzuki Ciaz is long due and could launch in June 2018 as per reports. The Ciaz will get several new feature and design upgrades in order to compete better with its chief rivals, namely the Honda City and Hyundai Verna.
- 2018 Hyundai i20– The 2018 Hyundai i20 has already been launched at the Auto Expo and gets only manual variants this time. However, a CVT version will launch later this year. The 2018 i20 comes with the same engines and a new 7-inch touch screen infotainment unit, rear AC vents and slidable armrests along with some design and cosmetic tweaks. The rear tail lamp cluster has been redesigned and the rear bumper is also new. The number plate housing has also been shifted to the tailgate center from the bumper. There is a two-tone color scheme available along with two-tone interior schemes. There is a cooled glovebox, TFT instrument cluster display and Auto Link mobile app on offer as well among other upgrades.
- Mahindra U321 MPV– Confirmed for a launch in 2018, this premium MPV will not be a replacement for the ageing Xylo but will be positioned as a more premium offering as per reports. This MPV will get an evolutionary design and will be packed with new features.