The Jeep Wrangler is a popular off-road vehicle with a four-wheel drive. It is a compact and mid-sized Wrangler Unlimited model manufactured by Jeep. The Jeep Wrangler has a separate body and frame, rigid solid axles both front and rear, a fold-flat windshield, and can be driven without doors. Its suspension, drivetrain, and interior were borrowed from the new Cherokee XJ model.
Buying a new Jeep Wrangler can be very expensive and not many can afford to invest in a brand new Jeep. So buying a used Jeep Wrangler will be the next best option and at a relatively low price. Jeep lovers can do a great job rebuilding a used classic Jeep Wrangler. Many Jeep lovers are attracted to its it’s classic charm. These Jeep lovers are usually members of local clubs where they get to meet other Jeep lovers and they participate in various fun activities organized by these clubs.
If you are considering on getting a used Jeep Wrangler, there are some checks that you will need to carry out before deciding on the purchase.
- Engine parts – check the exhaust manifold for cracks, catalytic converters for rattling and plugging, and the plastic tank radiators for leaks. Another important thing to check is for oil leaks at the rear main seal and oil pan.
- Transmission – check the fluid level and condition if it is an automatic transmission. Check the clutch fluid reservoir level and condition if it is a manual transmission. Also check the skid plate for depression, bell housing for cracks and shifter is not loose and shaky.
- Steering, T-Case, and Axles – check for worn out or broken steering linkages. Check also for T-case leakage.
- Suspension – check to make sure that the arms are in good shape and the bushing are not worn out.
There are two types of Jeep Wrangler tops for buyers to choose from. They can choose the soft top or the hard top.
- Hard Top – the hard top is durable and is appropriate for winter use.
- Soft Top – the soft top is appropriate for both winter and summer use. The soft top is a vinyl cover that is quite easy to remove. Owners can later opt to replace the soft top with a spare hard top cover which can be bought later. To protect the soft top cover, owners are to apply a protective solution that is safe to use with vinyl materials.
Whether you are using the Jeep Wrangler in the mountains or on sunny beaches, fitting it with one of the best Jeep tops will protect you and whatever you placed in the Jeep from the rain and hot sun as you venture into the open air and trails.